Super Easy Homemade Hummus(from pinchofyum.com)Author: Pinch of YumPrep time: 30 minsTotal time: 30 minsServes: 10-12Ingredients
- 2 cans chickpeas
- 1 clove garlic
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- up to ½ cup water
- ½ teaspoon saltInstructions
- Remove the skins from the chickpeas by gently pinching them until the skin comes off. Discard the skins and reserve the chickpeas.
- Place de-skinned chickpeas in a blender or food processor with garlic, olive oil, ¼ cup water, and salt. Blend or puree until very smooth, adding the remaining water one tablespoon at a time if the mixture is too sticky to move through the blender. Once the mixture is going, you can stream in a little bit more olive oil to help achieve a super creamy texture.
- Serve on pitas, crackers, veggies, or sandwiches. Adjust seasonings as you like!